The Creswick Campus has been a centre for forest science and research since 1910.
The Creswick Campus is located approximately 130 km north-west of Melbourne, in the town of Creswick near Ballarat.
Located in a forest setting with heritage-listed buildings, the campus has been a centre for research and teaching in forest science since 1910. Modern facilities are used for research and teaching in programs from across the University, such as the Matrix International Mathematics Research Institute.
The campus is situated on 15 hectares of land with adjacent native and plantation forests and thanks to the support of DELWP, is equipped with analytical, teaching, microscopy and forest industry laboratories.
The Creswick Campus is located on Dja Dja Wurrung land.
The Creswick Campus offers a diverse range of flexible spaces for teaching, training, meetings and workshops in a quiet natural setting.
- We welcome small and large groups, with space for up to 120 people, and overnight accommodation for 75 people.
- Available for half-day, full-day or residential events.
- Range of modern, comfortable spaces available, with modern conferencing technology.
- Variety of catering options possible, ranging from the very simple to full residential packages.
For further information or to book facilities please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 3 5321 4300.
Accommodation is available for members of the University of Melbourne community and external groups.
- Accommodation for up to 75 people in single and twin-share rooms.
- Communal dining room, lounge, pool room, gym, and 24-hour computer facilities.
- Self-catering kitchens and supermarket nearby.
- Full commercial kitchen available for catering on request.
- Recreational activities nearby, including hiking, mountain biking and kayaking.
Temporary and longer-term rental accommodation is also available in the township of Creswick and the city of Ballarat.
Creswick Campus: getting here
4 Water Street, Creswick, Victoria 3363, Australia
Tel. +61 3 5321 4100
Getting to Creswick:
Creswick is approximately 130km north-west of Melbourne. It is easy walking distance to the main street of Creswick township.
- By road, Creswick is around 1.5-2 hours drive from Melbourne.
- By rail, Creswick can be reached by the VLine train. Plan your journey through Public transport Victoria.
- Directly from Melbourne Airport: Creswick can be reached by the Ballarat Airport Shuttle Bus. This service must be booked in advance and you should discuss destination drop-off options when booking.