The team at the Sustainable and Renewable Forest Products Group has been creating sustainable forest practices for 15 years - we boast an impressive range of academics, graduate researchers and professional and honorary staff.
- Barbara Ozarska (Professor) is a timber engineer whose research focuses on value-added utilization of plantation timber for high-value wood products based on solid wood, veneers and engineered wood.
- Dr Benoit Belleville (Senior Research Fellow) is a research fellow and wood engineer whose research focuses timber engineering, engineered wood products, wood adhesion, and mechanical properties of timber.
- Lilik Astari (PhD candidate) aims to propose an eco-friendly particleboard alternative using corn stalk and a renewable formaldehyde-free resign suitable for particleboard manufacturing.
- Johannes Ferhmann (PhD candidate) is assessing the potential for Australian hemp hurd residue (Cannabis sativa L.) for the production of environmentally friendly light-weight biocomposites.
- Esther Oluwatosin Falade (PhD candidate) will be developing options for wood processing methods and product development to offer guidance for plantation improvement strategies in Northern Australia.
- Bernard Gibson (PhD candidate) is currently developing a system to attenuate low-frequency structure-borne sound in multi-storey timber buildings.
- Peter Edwin (PhD candidate) is currently developing a multi-criterion optimisation framework for reducing the greenhouse (GHG) emissions associated with hardwood processing in Papua New Guinea.
- Vendy Eko Prasetyo (PhD candidate) is conducting research to improve the production efficiency of medium-size Indonesian wood furniture companies.
- Ngoc Bao Nguyen (PhD candidate) analyses the potential production of multilaminar (reconstructed) veneer from low quality eucalyptus and acacia plantations grown in Vietnam.
- Jamaludin Malik (PhD candidate) aims to enhance timber quality of jabon wood (Anthocepalus cadamba) for high quality products by treatment through densification and impregnation with merbau extractives.
- Phongxiong Wenneng (PhD candidate) is investigating the impact of selected wood characteristics and properties on the market price of plantation-grown teak logs (Tectona grandis Linn.F) in Lao People Democratic Republic.
- Kristopher Orlowski